Nandi Hills - Heaven On Earth 21/06/2014
Place: Nandi Hills, Chikkaballapur districtDistance: 70 kms * 2 =140 kms
Route: Vijaynagar -> Hebbal -> Devanahalli -> Nandi hills
Crew: Siva, Vinay, Basu and myself.
Type: Sight Seeing
Ideal for: Friends & Family
Bikes: Bajaj Discover 150, Honda Ignitor
For a long time, I was thinking to pen down my bike ride experience. This is not my first ride but the first post of my ride :P. Siva, Vinay and I had decided to go somewhere for a ride, My native friend(Basu) had come to Bangalore for the weekend so decided to go to the Nandi hills.
Saturday morning: Kickstarted the ride at 3.50 am sharp from Vijaynagar. Even Siva and Vinay started from HAL almost at the same time. We assembled at Hebbal Flyover, headed towards our destination( Time: 4.15 am ). The ride in trembling cold weather was awesome, hands were freezing, the body was shivering. After around 45 km from Hebbal, there is a left turn to Nandi hills. 22kms more witness sunrise at Nandi hills. We reached the base of the hill at 5.50 am. The gate to heaven opened at 6.00 am. We started the uphill ride, sandwiched between a series of cars and bikes. As we were nearing the peak the mist was getting thicker and thicker. After a quiet time, we were inside clouds, I could feel the mist getting condensed on my skin and clothes.
We reached the top of the hills and believe me I had been to Nandi hills 3 times before but still, Nandi surprised me with its beauty covered in the clouds. Never imagined Nandi hills could be offering this breathtaking weather to the enthusiastic riders and its fans.
|The Top of the hill. Near Ticket counter|
Took ticket (Rs.10 per head + Rs.20 per bike for) without wasting more time I wanted to reach the viewpoint as soon as possible. We have to walk/trek/run little following stairs. Finally, we were at the viewpoint. But Life doesn't always offer what you expect. The thick mist covered the sun., we couldn’t witness the Sunrise :( Awesome weather neutralized the disappointment. Took many snaps over there.
|The sunrise viewpoint|
|Sun hiding behind the clouds|
There are a lot of improvements we can find at the top. They have built some bamboo houses where you can pose and take some snaps :D The thick fog you can find in below pics.
|Time for a group photo|
|Clouds cleared. @ 8.30 am|
|Refreshed some childhood memories|
Started downhills. Had a nice breakfast at Sri Hari Hotel at the base. Time 11 am.
Started towards Bhogha Nandishwara temple at Muddenahalli. There was shooting going on film name: Rudrathandava, Hero: Chiranjeevi Sarja and Heroine: Radhika Kumaraswamy.
|Movie shooting going on|
|A photo with Chiranjeevi Sarja|
|Time to depart @ 1 pm|
1. Leave as early as possible. You don't want to miss the sunrise so better to be there before 6 am. If leaving from Bangalore then 4 am is the best time you should kick start your bike.
2. Sunday it will be a lot of rush. 100's of people will come, so if the given option, choose Saturday as you won't have to wait in the long queue at the entrance ticket counter and you would get enough empty places to take pics.
3. If you want to see sports bikes or Harley then go for Sunday as so many big shot bikers will be spotted on Sunday.
4. Though Nandi hills is all time tourism spot it would be best if you could visit in rainy season as you might be lucky to be in clouds as in our case :)
5. While going Ride @ 100kmph no problem but while coming back try to be below 60kmph as there will be police standing with speed tracking devices.
Awesome explanation dude...ReplyDelete
Thanks man. Need to improve a lot yet :)Delete
Nandi Hills are a bunch of small hillocks 65 kms east of Bangalore. Thronged by tourists all year long for its pleasurable climes, it also has the famous Nandi Temple. Click here to know more about Nandi hills.ReplyDelete
It's not east, north!Delete
Great travel blog on the Nandi Hills trip..ReplyDelete